[Shop-talk] Overhead, retractable kitchen storage?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Tue Dec 21 15:22:23 MST 2010

I've been tasked with building a stationary shelf to hold a Kitchen Aid mixer
overhead. Knowing the inhabitants, this recipe has all the ingredients for a
greasy lazy reach and falling on a head. I'd like to build a shelf that can be
lowered to use the mixer, then raised up out of the way, mixer staying on it.
I see all the mechanisms for storing the mixer on a shelf inside a base
cabinet, but nothing for overhead storage.

thanks,