[Shop-talk] 12 volt benchtop power supply?

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Jan 13 08:34:52 MST 2010

> > I am sure I must be missing something here, but would not a 12 volt
> > car battery connected to a cheap 12 volt battery charger connected
> > to the rig work?
>
> The part you're missing is where I said I didn't want to do that :-)

You can do the same thing, but with a smaller 12V battery. I have a
7Ah SLA battery under the bench that is my "mobile power supply"
for lots of car and ham radio projects - it's about the size of
and slightly heavier than a brick, and has a pigtail with PowerPoles
permanently attached, which matches up with most of my other
power leads. (Someone who isn't a ham or into RC might use a two-terminal
trailer connector.)