[Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Thu May 12 09:01:27 MDT 2011

I think it depends on your area.  In my area the work market is very depressed so people are anxious to sell things and nobody has money to buy, so prices are low.  In an area where everybody is working and has a lot of money, the prices will be higher.

Ebay evens things out a bit because things for sale there are viewed by people across the whole country.  But even at that you can find slight deals there.  For instance I had looked into buying a DeWalt sliding miter saw.  I found the best price at all stores in my area, then searched ebay.  There were new ones available from retail sellers and even with shipping I could have saved some money.  There were occasional new ones for sale by individuals for a little less, but you would have had to watch for awhile for one of these deals to pop up.