[Shop-talk] which tie down best for car hauler

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Mon Jul 16 22:07:33 MDT 2012

You make some good points.  I never considered the way crossing the
straps changes the situation.  I would imagine that a race car would
have a very tight suspension and wouldn't really move very much on
its suspension regardless of how you tie it down.  You do what seems
reasonable to you.  I do what seems reasonable to me.  I really don't
hear any screaming danger in either approach.  The fact that the tire
basket style tie-downs even exist tells me that it can't be totally
crazy.  This whole thing should be more of a science and less of a
matter of opinion.  Do you know of any authoritative sources that
tell you the best way?  I'd be interested in learning more.

-Steve