[Shop-talk] Where the Other Half keeps their collector cars...

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 12:18:01 MDT 2012

> I thought the comment from the gentleman at the club in NY was
> strange.
> He's never seen anyone replicate their model? They've been building
> these
> clubs everywhere for a decade. There's one near Chicago, and a second
> one a few miles away just waiting for 'The Recovery' to start.
>
> It's not that odd, when you realize there are dozens of private golf
> clubs in the area with even higher initiation fees and dues... and
> full
> membership. All that money that the middle-class lost didn't
> just evaporate, it's just in fewer hands, now.

"Ibve yet to see a single one actually launch."

Nonsense.

Arlington Texas, Beaver Pennsylvania, Joliet Illinois, Parrumph Nevada, etc.
Even Brainerd Minnsota and Summit Point West Virginia have something similar.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier