[Shop-talk] is there any such substance....

Tim tputland at charter.net
Mon Jul 30 13:41:27 MDT 2012

  Thanks! I love this list!

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:

http://www.lpslabs.com/product_pg/corrosion_pg/LPS3.html

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

___________________________________

...that will temporarliy keep water from causing rust through?

Situation: I have a truck bed that appears to be Rhino lined. I do not
know for sure it is has actually been Rhino lined: I put a 3 ton sears
jack in the back of the track a couple weeks ago (got the jack and two
heavy stands for $40 and the jack works! score). I turned it over so it
would not roll around. I did this fairly gently and still got a small
chunk of the coating loose.

Concern: I am getting rust through spots showing up here and there in
the bed.

Question: Is there someting I put spray or brush onto the bed to keep
this rust from gettting worse? Preferably a clear color....

I will pull the bed, strip it and then properly POR15 it but will not be
able to until spring next year. I just need to keep it from getting
worse in the meantime. This truck is and will be a driver until the snow
(and salt) start to fly.

thanks!
tim