[Shop-talk] metric time - was OT- Excel help

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 16:39:59 MDT 2012

On 3/15/2012 1:23 PM, Randall wrote:
> Personally, I have a lot more trouble figuring out how many days are
> in a month (was 2000 a leap year? Is 2100?) than what century it is.
> Everyone seems to think metric is the solution; why not a metric time
> system? -- Randall

Why not a metric time is a good question.   Do a search on "metric time"
and you can read some interesting articles.  Then again, what about
decimal time.  At some point, the day could go metric and that makes
sense.  To try and make a year or month metric is a bit more of a mess.
The next issue would be whether or not we still have time zones or just
go with a universal time.

I guess this will have to wait till we all start living in space or
distant locations.

For now, I'd be happy to just get rid of daylight savings time.   After
all, it isn't like it is really being saved in a bank anywhere for the
winter.  Who really knows the difference between daylight time and
standard time?

Brian