[Shop-talk] Separating copper

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Sep 11 05:06:21 MDT 2012

Quick question, I have an antique split bamboo fishing rod that is
*suppose* to separate in the middle.  The problem is that they are stuck
solid.

I've tried WD40, and some other lubricants with no luck.  Heat really
isn't an option.

So, any ideas?  I need to be careful, because I don't want to destroy or
damage the rod.  (I believe the metal tips are either copper)

Thanks.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson