[Shop-talk] Power supply noise?

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Wed Dec 11 22:14:11 MST 2013

Messing around inside a brand new power supply wouldn't be my first
choice.  Try to get it further away from you.  I don't know what your
room is like, but is there a closet or something nearby?  My
father-in-law likes to use a 12 Volt car battery and a
charger/maintainer like a Battery Minder.  The battery provides
plenty of current and the whole thing is completely silent.  You also
get to use your radio in a power failure.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net