[Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

David Hillman hillman at planet-torque.com
Sun Jun 2 12:03:22 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> I think which way the foil is facing depends on what you are trying to do
> ... keep heat in or keep heat out. Based on the information here ...
>
> http://www.rimainternational.org/index.php/myths/

    In theory, that's probably true.  In my non-scientific experience with
two garages, they are both substantially cooler in summer and warmer in
winter than they were with uninsulated ceilings.  Neither have any A/C,
and the one with heat noticed a drop in heating costs.

    For a about a year after I did mine, I kicked myself everyday for not
doing it the week I bought the house.  YMMV.

--
  David Hillman