[Shop-talk] Spindle Sander question:

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 28 17:10:59 MDT 2013

Steve - I understand the concern about the chuck in a drill press as
I've also had one come off.  How about a wood stand and band clamping an
electric drill to it.  Harbor Freight has a couple variable speed ones
under $20, so I wouldn't really care about the side loading.  Just make
sure the trigger lock is variable if not running at top speed is a concern.

Brian

On 6/28/2013 12:02 PM, Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA wrote:
> Ibve never owned a spindle sander but I have a need for
> a similar tool, but without the oscillating feature.  Ibm trying
> to mount a leather burnishing tool (3/8b
 steel shaft) vertically