[Shop-talk] Dishwashers in the garage

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Tue May 28 08:50:59 MDT 2013

> This weekend, I installed a dishwasher in my shop.

Years ago I read that NASA needed a way to clean electronic circuit boards
and found that ordinary dishwasher powders in a household dishwasher was the
most effective and efficient.

I doubt there are any engine parts that would be harmed by a dishwasher &
soap. Ferrous metals will rust if not quickly dried & painted of course.
Also be aware that most dishwashers have a heating element under the bottom
rack. Don't let plastic parts come in contact with the heating element as
they would likely melt.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC