[Shop-talk] Supplier of common items

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 08:00:11 MDT 2014

On Apr 14, 2014, at 6:27 AM, eric at megageek.com wrote:

> Where do most of you get your 'common' vehicle items from?  I'm talking
> about spark plugs, filters, etc?
>
> Do you get it from the local AP store, online, or someplace like Walmart?

I use a variety of sources.  Most fluifs I get from NAPA Auto Parts, though
for the Pennzoil Synchromesh that my TR8 transmission uses, I have to go to
AutoZone.  And lately Ive been getting Mobil 1 10W40 from WalMart, just under
$25 for a 5 quart jug.

I use Amazon quite a bit too, mostly for the convenience.  Things like
filters, spark plugs and hoses.  I have Amazon Prime, so two day shipping is
often faster than the next chance I would get to go to a local store.

Hardware bits (nuts and bolts) I usually pickup from a local hardware store
that seems to have bins with just about anything.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L