[Shop-talk] Need help with dead 2000 GMC 1500 (5.8 Vortec) (couple of dusies!)

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Apr 29 07:55:35 MDT 2014

Pat, I tried to hook a computer up to the truck, but there were no codes
(I'm not sure it that was because the truck wasn't running (I had the key
turned to 'run')).

I'll try the 12v trick when I get home.

Is there any reason I can't cut the access panel (or shouldn't)?

Like in this clip on youtube...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9cowBm0k8<

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

"Pat Horne" <pat at hornesystemstx.com>
04/29/2014 09:30 AM

<eric at megageek.com>, <shop-talk at Autox.Team.Net>
cc

Subject
RE: [Shop-talk] Need help with dead 2000 GMC 1500 (5.8 Vortec) (couple of
dusies!)

You should be able to access the fuel pump wires and connect the pump
directly to 12V. If that works it is time to check controllers, etc.

Can you read any codes that might be causing it?

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 that I believe is basically the same. I will
see what I can find, but I won't have time until this evening.

Peace,
Pat