[Shop-talk] Computer stuff

Dave C cavanadd at frontier.com
Wed Jan 1 20:04:08 MST 2014

On 1/1/2014 5:57 PM, Randall wrote:
>> I keep thinking I should spend a day or so digging out ALL
>> the computer  stuff I have
>> stashed away in various places around the house, put it all
>> in one big  pile and post
>> a few pictures.
I still have my first computer, a1981  Seequa Chameleon "transportable"
suitcase computer that had both an 8081 and a Z80 chip and would run
both DOS and CPM.  It came with two 160 K (I think) full height floppy
drives and 128 K of RAM.  I eventually upgraded it to half height,
double sided drives and 256 K of ram. The motherboard wouldn't support a
HDD.  At one point it had a 300 baud Volksmodem hung off the side, but
it was pretty useless for much pre-WWW stuff.

---