[Shop-talk] Leave it plugged in or not?

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:25:23 MST 2014

I recently purchased one of these OBD2 bluetooth adapters and I can't find
any information on when it should be plugged in and whether I should leave
it plugged in all the time.  In other words can it be plugged in while the
vehicle is on.  Can I leave it in or will it drain the battery and can I
unplug it while the engine is running?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141020172676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It works great with the Android app called Torque.  I bought the Pro
version and really like how it works.

My preference would be to just leave it plugged in all the time but I'd
like to know for certain what the ramifications are.

Thanks!

Brad