[Shop-talk] 2008 VW horn connectors?

Todd Walke racertod at racertodd.com
Sat Jan 25 18:13:00 MST 2014

Jim wrote:
>The connector thread got me thinking about a friend and her 2008(?) VW Bug.
>She wants to replace the modern horns with a set from a '60s Bug.  Fool that I
>am, I volunteered, figuring it was a slam dunk.  But damned if I can find a
>source for the modern connectors.  I don't want to simply crimp a wire splice
>onto the wires.  Anyone know what connectors the new Bugs use and a source?

         I'm heavily into VWs.  Is the connector that attaches to the horn
rectangular with a wire clip?  Or it is rectangular with one end rounded off?

         The rectangular ones are "Junior Power Timer" connectors from
AMP.  Search for "Junior Power Timer" with the quotes for sources.
         The ones with the rounded ends I don't know the manufacturer
for.  For those, I'd take the horn off then go down the my local junkyard
that has some late-model VW, BMW, Audi, etc and find a  matching connector
to cut off a junker.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       434,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff