[Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Water heater leak

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 12:14:02 MST 2015

> looks like the list can't process degree symbols and makes them zeros.

Yup.  The list server enforces "standard" 7 bit ASCII (aka US-ASCII), which includes a very limited subset of symbols.  Anything
else, it does its best to translate to 7 bit ASCII.  The degree symbol gets translated to a zero.

That may change soon, I believe our listmeister is experimenting with allowing HTML (including selection of character sets) on the
lists.  But it apparently hasn't happened for Shop Talk yet.

-- Randall