[Shop-talk] Problems with the donation link

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sat Jan 10 11:39:54 MST 2015

Hum, it worked this time.  I was able to make the donation.

Before it kept telling me that the link was old and outdated.

Oh well.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

"Randall" <TR3driver at ca.rr.com>
01/10/2015 12:20 PM

<eric at megageek.com>, <shop-talk at Autox.Team.Net>
cc

Subject
RE: [Shop-talk] Problems with the donation link

> Just a note, I tried to donate to via the link at the bottom
> of each post
> and you get a 'Out dated link' error from paypal.

I just tried it, and the link works for me.  The link at the bottom of
each post
http://www.team.net/donate.html
leads to a web page on the Team.Net server, that has instructions on both
how to snail mail a paper check (how archaic! <g>) and a
link to PayPal.

The link from the web page leads to a PayPal page where you'll have to
either log into your PayPal account, or give them your mobile
phone number (along with other personal information) to create a account
(which can be temporary).  That is a PayPal restriction,
you must be able to receive text messages (ie have a mobile phone) in
order to automatically create an account.  (There may be an
alternate route that doesn't require text messages, but I don't know of
any.)

The search box says "email or mobile number", so if you want to use that
instead of the link, enter "fcg at autox.team.net" (without
the quotes) as the email address.  (You can also just enter a fake phone
number, so the search will fail and ask you to enter a name
and address.  But be certain it's actually a number that does not belong
to anyone, like 310-555-1212, otherwise you may wind up
paying the wrong person.)

-- Randall