[Shop-talk] Looking for GPS recommendations

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Mon Sep 14 12:30:29 MDT 2015

They are generally overpriced, and although updates are often
available, the update alone costs more than a new Garmin unit.  I
kind of like the built in aspect, not having some thing sitting on my
dash or stuck to my window.  My wife has a Toyota Venza with built-in
nav, and it refuses to allow most interaction while the car is
moving.  I get the safety concern, but it is frustrating as hell when
we are together and the passenger is trying to use it.

-Steve