[Shop-talk] What animal is in my ceiling?

Gordie Bird mg_garage at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 08:53:39 MDT 2016

Generally you will find bats entering and leaving in the east, south, or southeast of the structure.  Any place I saw them entering my house was pretty protected, like a soffit, or the end of a ridge vent that was not sealed properly.  Droppings can be noticed on inside or outside.
I got most of my education (and the bat houses that I built) from the Bat Conservancy… http://www.batcon.org/, as well as the ‘bat man’ that I hired for the exclusion (after I tried unsuccessfully).
They are good to have around, just not in the attic!

Gordie