[Shop-talk] Sticking/Draging caliper

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Wed Jan 6 06:15:37 MST 2016

For what it's worth, both my Subaru Impreza and my Mini Cooper use rears faster than fronts. And I can feel the rears bite before the front. Maybe it's a safety thing, to settle the car before really slowing it?

If I have to brake hard, I don't notice which bites first, but 99% of my braking is the last 50' or so, or removing just a bit of speed, so light braking, I can feel the rears, and sometimes I think that's all I'm using.

Did you replace the proportioning valve too? It might have a piece of gunk in there messing the L-R balance up.

jim