[Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Tue Jan 19 11:32:41 MST 2016

> How I look at it is that all you are doing is buying a second set of tires
> early.

Thanks for all the replies. I was leaning toward some real snow tires. I'd
only need them for 2-3 months at most. And even then, I don't (need to)
drive the truck every day.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a damn yankee - born & raised in
Massachusetts - so I am used to driving in snow. But I did have real snow
tires back then. I even had studded snow tires on my MGA when it was my only
car/daily driver. In fact, I never got stuck driving the MGA in the winter.
Not warm but not stuck either...

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC