[Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sun Jan 31 12:57:17 MST 2016

OK, I need some help trying to buy a new household vacuum.  I have a 2
floor house, carpets on the top floor, hardwood, area rugs,  and linelomun
on the first floor. (two units isn't out of the question)

I don't mind vacuuming if I have a good unit.  In the past, I even tried a
commercial backpack mounted one, but it was poorly designed (and VERY
expensive.)

I don't mind if it's heavy, I just want to make sure that it has a quick
wand to pull out and get corners and such.  On board tools is a must, BUT
they have to be out of the way.

My current dust devil constantly has the tools falling out or in the way.

I don't need HEPA filters or anything (but I did love the Rainbow vacuum
that used water as the filter.  I just wish they had a 'messenger bag'
style canister unit.)

I prefer upright. and I don't want to have to replace bags.  I have no
problem cleaning a reusable filter.

I'm even thinking 'whole house unit', but the installation might take a
while I need something in the meantime. 8>(

Price isn't a factor FOR A GREAT UNIT.  I don't like 'stick' or
'rechargeable' models.

With that said, anyone have any suggests?

OB SHOP CONTENT- If I get a new vacuum, I'll take apart this one and build
something stupid with it! 8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson