[Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

Bob Kegel bobkegel at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 19:21:14 MST 2016

We have a Dyson DC07 and are very happy with it. It’s a 2003 model and still sucks like new. It rarely clogs, and when it does, can be easily cleared without tools.  The crevice tool, brush, and upholstery tool don’t come adrift. The cord is really long, enough to do three rooms from the same outlet.

It’s easy to maintain. The main filter is washable; the HEPA filter is supposed to be lifetime. I replaced it last year because it was inexpensive. I’ve had to replace a few parts but they’re easy to find online.

I like the bagless design. The clear hopper lets you see when it’s full and it can be emptied in a few seconds. The money we haven’t spent on bags probably equals the purchase price.
Bob K