[Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Sun Jan 31 21:22:07 MST 2016

 I had a central vac in a previous house - I think it was beam.Worked great and yes the hose was quite long - didn't have the sweep port but I sure wanted one!That was years ago though. When my wife's sister passed away we got her Kirby - I love that thing!  It is a Cadillac with the drive but no onboard tools with this model.  Nut if you have lots of plain floor to vac - this is the device. The wife doesn't like it because it is so heavy.  Her tool of choice is a Hoover wind tunnel that works well, has neat onboard tools, is bagless and relatively easy to dump/clean, and didn't break the bank.  I recently used my mom's Dyson and it worked well.  I was particularly pleased with the integral pull out hose in the handle but no way would I pay the crazy price for a new one.  MATT