[Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

Bill Rabel brabel at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 21:40:50 MST 2016

In Munich a couple of years ago, I saw a hotel employee vacuuming the halls, using a canister vacuum with a hose and wand. The notable feature was that it was cordless! I've been unable to find such a vacuum through searching the Internet.

I've seen a line of rechargeable tools, E-Go, at Home Depot, that uses a 55-volt (or so) battery system. I bought the hedge trimmer, and it is a super tool, with 45 minutes of use before you have to recharge it. It seems like that system would lend itself to such a vacuum. That is on my wish list.

In my own home, I have an in-wall vacuum system, where the hoses retract into the wall when you're done with them. You just release the locking collar at the wall and put your hand over the nozzle. Zip. Gone.

- Bill Rabel
  Anacortes, WA