[Shop-talk] Eaton Polar air compressor vs. Delivbiss noise

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Jul 5 18:01:01 MDT 2016

OK, so this past weekend I got to hooking up my new Eaton air compressor.
It's totally amazing, BTW.

But one thing I did was to record it next to my old Delivbiss 6.5HP.
Unfortunately, the camera's mic doesn't really showcase the difference
that well.

Overall, the old compressor had a tinier sound.  The new Polar is a little
quieter, but it's also throw almost twice the air!

Check out the youtube video if you want. (don't get your hopes up.)  8>)

Here is a link...
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDWCGN-g6ME<

Overall, I love the Polar.  Great company, great product.  There were two
issues with it when I got it. One was no thread sealer on the overflow
valve (easy fix.)  The other was the automatic drain wasn't closing
completely.  I called them and the new one was in the mail a few hours
later at no cost.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson