[Shop-talk] fiberglass help - OT

Al Fuller al at bighealey.org
Tue May 17 11:10:04 MDT 2016

What are you trying to make?  The expertise/advice you need will vary with your goals.

It sounds like you want to make molds as opposed to using the more familiar mold-less construction.  This will likely lead to concerns around the amount of resin used [to control costs], the amount left in the part [to control weight], whether to use fiberglass cloth or matt [cost and manufacturing method differences], and how to control each.  Most likely you would want to consider buying or making a vacuum system to control the resin, yes?

So the starting consideration is knowing – what are you trying  to make?

Al Fuller

'65 A-H BJ-8
'85 Rx-7 GSL-SE