[Shop-talk] tubing bender dies

David Scheidt dmscheidt at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:59:30 MDT 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Brad Kahler <bkahler1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> That's not a bad idea, unfortunately I just checked and all of the
> pulleys designed for 5/8" rope are pretty darn expensive and I would
> need at least two of them :(
>
> For the moment John's idea of how to make the pulleys is probably the
> easiest/cheapest approach.

The cheapest and easiest approach is surely to have someone with a
suitable tubing bender bend it for you.  5/8 is used for some exhaust
stuff, a good custom muffler place might have a die.   Second simplest
is likely to use a piece of flexible tubing, either for the whole
piece, or just the bend.  Something like
http://www.bennettbuilt.com/shop/Muffler_Accessories--Stainless_Steel_Flexible_Exhaust_Tubing_58_ID.html
should probably work...