[Shop-talk] What is the best trickle charger? (and Harbor Freight Go-Jacks followup)

Jimmie Mayfield mayfield+shoptalk at sackheads.org
Mon Nov 21 11:40:54 MST 2016

I also have a 2/4/8A model BatteryMinder.  Don't remember when I bought
it.  Maybe 10 years ago?  I bought mostly on the strength of positive
reviews given to the charger's de-sulfation circuit.  My hope was to
revive some (AGM) UPS batteries that had lost capacity.  Unfortunately,
after a few months' worth of tests, none of the batteries showed
noticeable improvement.  Perhaps their plates were just too badly damaged.

Seems to do a reasonable job slow-charging vehicle and mower batteries
though.