[Shop-talk] Engine idling problem

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Mon Oct 3 05:58:01 MDT 2016

Have you asked the dealer service person? They might have run into this before.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity

On Oct 3, 2016, at 3:02 AM, eric at megageek.com wrote:

I have a 2009 Kawasaki KingQuad 750 that I use for work on my property.  It's garage kept and I had it since it was new.  (so it's well taken care of.)

Recently, I've had a problem with it starting and taking off  (it has an auto clutch and it dies when I try to put it under power.)  A search on the web has these problems listed from anything from a spark plug to a new computer (and none seems to have enough followup to let me know what works.)

It got really bad and a new battery and plug seemed to fix it.  Problem is, it's starting to happen again just a few months later.

Now, I really don't ever open the throttle up.  It's mostly used at slow speed or it's idling while I'm nearby.  I'm guessing this is part of the problem.

Since it's such a beast, opening it up full throttle would take a small runway.  I did make a race track in one of my fields to run it more, but I was wondering if there was a better way.

SO, my questions are...

Is it my low speed/idling use that is causing the issue?

Is there something else I can do to keep it from happening?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive