[Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 14 18:10:02 MDT 2016

I second the clay bar with a quick detailer spray as a lubricant. If you
don't have that handy, I'd try a polish.  The clay bar is fantastic for
unfortunate things like spray paint and rust from metal shavings sitting
on the paint.

I had my painted side view mirror clipped by a tow truck's black plastic
mirror and use some TR-3 polish (
http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/91/tr_3_resin_glaze_polish/
) and it wiped off easily.  I thought it was scratched through the
paint.  This stuff is wonderful too.

Brian