[Shop-talk] Garage heaters

Jim james.f.juhas at snet.net
Sun Sep 25 08:41:54 MDT 2016

I am at the point of selecting a gas (LP) heater for my 24'x36'x10'
barn, which also has a second floor 16'x36'x8' space.  I have searched
for sources and have narrowed to a 80,000 btu Mr. Heater and a 75,000
bto Modine Hot Dawg.  The pricing from various sources, thanks to a
current Northen Tool sale on the Mr. Heater, are within $75 of each
other, including their horizontal vent kits.  My incination is to go
with the Modine because I have heard of and seen them more often.  Can
anyone give me opinions on the choice of one versus the other?