[Shop-talk] Question about Chinese equipment

Dave C cavanadd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 21:25:46 MDT 2017

The little Nor Track from Northern Tool is the only small Chinese import
dozer I have seen, and who knows how many of them are actually out
there.  Probably not a lot.  I think skid steers have pretty much taken
over what was the small dozer market.  You can do a whole lot with a
skid steer and a bunch of attachments; with a dozer all you can do is
push dirt.  I'd much rather have a skid steer, but with only .95 acres
it's kind of hard to justify.

On 5/29/2017 2:58 PM, eric at megageek.com wrote:
> Ok, I'm looking for a small, low cost tractor (or dozer) with a 3pt
> hitch to supplement my larger one.
>
> I see lots of Chinese units for new, but never any for sale used.
>
> I find it hard to believe that they are such junk that they fall apart
> completely all at once they are never resold.
>
> Also, I would image if they were garbage, that their would be TONS of
> them for sale as people would be selling them to up-grade.
>
> Ideally, I would love to find one of these used...
> http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200591685_200591685
>
> (or any small dozer with a 3pt hitch.)  I was hoping for something in
> the $10k range.
>
> Does anyone know of a place that sells these things?  Why aren't they
> for sale everywhere?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson

---