[Shop-talk] Aluminum and copper wiring

Jim Stone 1789alpine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:48:46 MDT 2018

Thanks Donald.  That article was very enlightening.  I gotten my sister-in-law to at least install more smoke detectors in her house as a stopgap measure.  And she is going to talk to an electrician about installing pigtails on the existing wiring.  It “helped" that a townhouse in the neighborhood caught fire while we were. While they aren’t saying it was electrical, the fire department said the fire started in the wall between two units, which can’t be much else.  The entire development where they live was built during the aluminum wiring era, so they aren’t the only ones with this problem.

Jim