[Shop-talk] Long term battery tender set up

Bill Rabel brabel at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 18:05:56 MDT 2018

I have a small electric scissor lift that has a built-in charger that will only charge for twelve hours or so, using a timer dial. It would go dead in between charges. The batteries consist of four six-volt batteries, wired in series. So my setup is 24 volt. I expect yours is, too.

I have always used Battery Tenders, and for this unit, I bought a 24-volt version. I clip it across the linked batteries, and it keeps the unit ready always. You can also use two 12-volt chargers and clip across each pair of the four, but the 24-volt unit works best.

- Bill