[Shop-talk] Ammonia smell from spilled coolant?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Sun Aug 5 10:00:37 MDT 2018

A rodent put a hole in my cooling system and all the coolant leaked into the concrete floor. Now (a moth later) the garage smells like a litter box. It goes away if I air it out but comes back strongly when closed up. Googling only returns lots of people asking the same thing :-)

Does anyone know why this is? I'm trying to sell the house and fear potential buyers are being gagged into not making an offer.

thanks,
jim