[Shop-talk] Outdoor Fireplace

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Fri Aug 10 10:09:31 MDT 2018

 This group has some accomplished DIY folks so I thought it worth a try - Anyone have experience building an outdoor fireplace?Doing some work in the backyard to appease the wife since she acquiesced on my MEGASHOP and my suggested fire ring has blossomed into something more!I drew the line at the pizza oven add on. I have done a little looking and some of the less expensive kits look a little slapdash - lots of looks but not sure how they will hold up.For instance I don't think a steel firebox is going to last.I have built brick mail boxes, walls and foundations but I realize a nice fireplace is another thing entirely.Firerock makes a kit that is just the firebox & chimney and the rest is up to you. Any thoughts?