[Shop-talk] cove (or 'dish') style cut on a piece of wood.

Eric Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Thu Dec 13 12:46:13 MST 2018

Does it need to be dished on the bottom or can it be rounded around the
sides and flat on the bottom?

If the latter, consider a cove cutting router bit. Some have bearings on
the top so you can use a pattern jig attached to your work piece. Make
the cut in stages - increasing the depth with each pass.

https://www.amazon.com/CMT-851-502-11B-Bearing-Diameter-Carbide-Tipped/dp/B000P4O5ZC

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC