[Shop-talk] Drilling through a spark plug to make a christmas ornament?

Richard George rkg at teleport.com
Fri Dec 14 13:19:31 MST 2018

Hmmm....  along those lines I suppose you could also just solder an led
between the center electrode and the side electrode and hook up a DC
power supply - you'd need what, ~50V for a sparkplug with a 5K ohm
resistance...  Trouble is I don' t know if the resistor in the sparkplug
could dissipate that ~1/2 Watt of power...

:-P

Maybe giving up is a good idea

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

On 12/14/2018 9:05 AM, Jim Franklin via Shop-talk wrote:
>> On Dec 14, 2018, at 11:30 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why reinvent the wheel?  Just get a battery, a spare distributor, and
>> some long plug wires.  Rig a motor to turn the distributor, and hang
>> the plugs in the tree.  Don't forget to water it!
>>
>> Jeff Scarbrough
>> Flammable Acres,
> :-D
>
> I think I'll abandon this quest. It was a thought for an ex I'm still friends with. I might have done this while I was courting her and trying to impress. Now, not so much. :-)
>
> jim

“People don’t know what they’re doing. And you’ve got this whole culture of people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing teaching every other idiot out there.”  Britton Clouse