[Shop-talk] soldering/brazing aluminum tubing to steel tubing

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:08:25 MST 2018

I do not have experience with soldering or brazing, but I did have a
similar issue with coolant lines on vehicle.  I ended up using a threaded
connection on the steel pipe and a compression fitting on the aluminum
tubing and a threaded adapter to join them.  Worked great, easy to install
and  has been in service for more then 5 years with no leaks yet!.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 11:25 AM john niolon via Shop-talk <
shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

> does anyone know if there is an acceptable way to braze or solder aluminum
> tubing to steel tubing that
> will provide a strong, waterproof, low pressure  (30 psi r less)
> connection...  materials to use ??  particular
> braze rod or solder ???
>
> this will be for heater hoses on my truck engine... 5/8” tubing to same
> sized steel fitting
>
> thanks
> john

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =