[Shop-talk] CSST gas fittings

Mark Miller markmiller at threeboysfarm.com
Thu Feb 22 21:55:59 MST 2018

So I just put in some flexible gas piping with CSST fittings. One
leaked.  I took it apart and replaced the fitting and all is OK but: the
new fitting is a very different design from the first. First sealed the
end of the tube to a surface on the connector, whole thing held together
by pressure against a ring you crimp into the corrugations of the tube.
The replacement uses an o ring to seal it all, so to the sides of the
tube.  Which is newer? Which is preferred? Or should I avoid this kind
of plumbing altogether?  (personally I think the o ring will give a
better seal and isn't dependent on cutting the tube cleanly).

Thanks, o wisdom of the list!

--
Regards,

Mark Miller