[Shop-talk] Remote local "personal shopper" services?

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at Live.com
Tue Jun 19 23:18:59 MDT 2018

Mike,

I picked up a malted machine for someone and once I realized it was enameled cast iron, fragile and heavy, we struggled with how to get it to him.  I was thinking it would have to be a large plywood box, when I realized that I would be passing by where he was living and I dropped if off in person.  I believe it was on this list.  Post the details and ask.  You might find a way.

Jack

From: Shop-talk [mailto:shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:16 PM
To: shop-talk at autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Remote local "personal shopper" services?

A somewhat strange question, but I promise it's shop related...
I know there are personal shopper services you can hire for food, clothes, etc., but are there "shoppers" that can help remotely buy and ship things?

As for the shop related content, there's a long-discontined tool that I've been looking for. I finally found one in Youngstown Ohio, of all places. The only problem is that I'm not, and the seller only wants to sell in person. So I'm trying to locate a buyer service that does that sort of thing. Sounds like a personal shopper, no?