[Shop-talk] Spar plug inserts

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Mon Mar 19 20:46:20 MDT 2018

Back in the 70’s I used helicoils on vw spark plug holes with fair results. Each one I installed worked fine but from time to time when I pulled out a spark plug the helicoil came out with the plug. Some that came out were done by other shops & a few of mine.  I seem to recall using anti-seize on the plugs. I suspect there are better choices today, something with a lock.

Again, that was  over 40 years ago plus some strange tobacco back then, 40 years ago ..... Uh, what was I saying?

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity