[Shop-talk] What is this?

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue Nov 6 09:23:05 MST 2018

The “teeth” on the sides are like gears to keep the two sides of the jaws lined up.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity

On Nov 6, 2018, at 8:34 AM, Steven Trovato <strovato at optonline.net> wrote:

I think Pat and Roland are right.  I found some pictures here:  http://lumberjocks.com/Brit/blog/24957.  Scroll down a bit.  Many thanks for solving the mystery!

-Steve

At 08:24 AM 11/6/2018, Pat Horne wrote:

> It looks like the guts of the chuck on a wood boring brace. The spring is there to open the jaws so you can put in the bit. There are probably also wear marks across the piece on the opposite end from the spring on the angled part. Do a search for "brace and bit".
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity

---

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96