[Shop-talk] Prep/etch/sealing a new concrete floor?

Rochlin Robert rrochlin at comcast.net
Thu Nov 15 06:47:50 MST 2018

	I also used the Rustoleum Epoxy.  The floor has work out OK, but there are a few patches where the concrete effervesced after application which led to epoxy failure. If I were to do it again, I would definitely not use the citrus etching product that comes with the epoxy, but as Ian did, use muriatic acid.  I’m sure that Rustoleum uses the citrus etch to avoid consumer suits arising from acid burns, but it is not nearly as effective as a muriatic acid etch.
	Bob