[Shop-talk] Ceramic tile question

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Wed Nov 28 07:59:18 MST 2018

> On Nov 28, 2018, at 7:58 AM, eric at megageek.com wrote:
>
> OK, I don't know where to turn for help with this one, but maybe someone here has an idea.
>
> Background (Stay with me on this one.)  I shave in the shower.  I use a mirror that suction's to the tile surface.

I also shave in the shower and have suffered the indignity of the mirror losing its suck on non-glazed tile. I don't have an answer to your immediate question (I went back to using the side view mirror from a mid-80s Galant that I've had since driving for a Mitsubishi dealer in college), but what about mounting a mirror to the wall by drilling through the grout (never drill through tile unless you're prepared to replace it, or have gotten really good at it)? Or mounting a smooth surface to the wall and suctioning the mirror to that? Or maybe there's a clamp and articulating arm setup that can attach to the showerhead pipe?

jim