[Shop-talk] Ceramic tile question

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 28 12:41:19 MST 2018

I've tiled two bathrooms and would not sand the tile.  If you really
need the mirror to shave, I second the comment about using E6000 to glue
it on.  I shave in the shower too and have two little plastic hooks
where I hang the razor.  One of them fell off several years ago, so I
just used a little E6000 and it has been fine since.

In my case, I don't bother with a mirror.  You can feel any areas you
miss, so just hit them again.  I don't even bother with shaving cream.
I just use lather my face with shampoo while washing my hair.

The other option is to hang the mirror from the wall above the tile or
from the ceiling.  Get a flange like
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southland-1-2-in-Black-Floor-Flange-521-603HP/304797324
then make yourself a piece of art with copper or PVC pipe.  PVC pipe
bend pretty nicely if you heat it evenly with a heat gun.

Brian