[Shop-talk] Leaking faucet

Scott Hall scott.hall.personal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:49:45 MDT 2018

The packing nut was tight and there was no sign of a packing washer.

I did something I saw in a YouTube video that I'm going to call "the janky
repacking": loosen the packing nut, wrap about six inches of twisted PTFE
tape around the valve stem, use a pick or screwdriver blade to push it down
towards the valve, then tighten the packing nut.

It's working so far. That supply box made the list for replacement, but I
can move on for now.